“No, this is not the beginning of a new chapter in my life; this is the beginning of a new book! That first book is already closed, ended, and tossed into the seas; this new book is newly opened, has just begun! Look, it is the first page! And it is a beautiful one!”
― C. JoyBell C.
A little over 4 months ago, I proposed to a few of my friends. My proposal was, to start a blog, a photoblog to be more specific. Why? Well, after having seen the immense talent of photographers in my University, and also realizing the long lost desire to start blogging again, I decided, why not satisfy what I want to do, and at the same time give all these amazing photographers the exposure their work truly deserved. And thus, Manipal Photo Blog was born on January, 30th.
And since then, it’s been one hell of a ride. Starting from scratch to this day, this blog has taught me more than I could have hoped to learn in the last few months.
- A deeper understanding of the internet community,
- many many great friends (it’s you all!),
- a twitter account (about time huh),
- awakening of the writer in my (check out whatshawt.com),
- realizing my interest in entrepreneurship,
- exposure to “social media” (mashable and related sites),
- …(I think you get the point by now🙂 )
“I decided, why not satisfy what I want to do, and at the same time give all these amazing photographers the exposure their work truly deserved”
And so now, I ask you, all my friends and readers (both), would you support me in the next step that I wish to take? This blog has come a long way in 4 months, but there is much to accomplish and achieve, much to do, and a major part of it, I can’t, at least not alone. The future of this blog very much depends on you, and your participation and willingness to contribute.
I blog, cause it gives me happiness, and to connect with soo many people…
What I’m proposing is this:
- Create a platform for budding photographers( also include new photobloggers)
- Give them this platform to share their work, and get the appreciation and popularity which their photographs rightly deserve
- Allow the photographers to write an article (or description) with the photo, or add their poetry
- Alternatively, allow people interested in writing, to choose a photo and a theme and write an article, or submit their poetry
- Maintain a friendly community, for people to visit daily, browse awesome content, read opinions, articles, poetry
- (that’s it for now😀 )
I would love to hear what all of you have to say on this. Please do leave your thoughts below.